- On November 8, 2021
- Parkinson's disease, patient advocacy, Volunteer
Ontario/Quebec Representative and British Columbia/Alberta Representative – Position Description
The Canadian Open Parkinson Network (C-OPN) is seeking to recruit 2 volunteers with lived experience with Parkinson’s disease (1 Ontario/Quebec and 1 British Columbia/Alberta Representative) to join its Executive Committee. The C-OPN Executive Committee supervises and leads all high-level decision making for the C-OPN project.
The Ontario/Quebec and British Columbia/Alberta Representatives would serve as advisors and resources to the Executive Committee to help build a bridge between the Parkinson’s and research communities.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Contribute lived experience perspective during decision making process of the Network (including, but not limited to, priorities of the Network or new initiatives led by the Network)
- Advise C-OPN on how to grow its engagement with the Parkinson’s community
- Attending and participating in quarterly C-OPN Scientific Committee meetings and help ensure the goal and mission of the Network are being met
- Attending and participating in quarterly C-OPN Funders (Brain Canada and Parkinson Canada) meetings, where progress of the Network is discussed as well as future directions
- Help with development of social media content
Attributes for Success in the Role
- Eager to learn
- Efficient communicator
- Well-connected to or involved with the Parkinson’s community
- General knowledge and keen interest in scientific research, particularly as it relates to Parkinson’s disease and related disorders
To apply, please follow the link to submit the application form. The deadline to apply is Monday November 29th 2021. Please contact Marisa Cressatti (email@example.com) if you have any questions.